Helps the body to metabolize carbohydrates, fats and proteins. Helps to form red blood cells.
Together with vitamin B6 and folic acid, vitamin B12 is one of the powerhouse trio of B vitamins that help to decrease and normalize the homocysteine levels in our body. Increased homocysteine levels can cause the build-up of plaques in the artery walls (atherosclerosis), which can lead to heart disease or stroke. B12 deficiency is also associated with complications in pregnancies and neurological disorders. Vitamin B12 is also essential to help regulate the hormonal balance in pregnant and menopausal women and also in those using oral contraceptives. Vitamin B12 supplementation is recommended at any age, but it may be particularly beneficial for older people who suffer from age-related degenerative conditions and for people who have a vegetarian or a vegan diet as it is found in meat and seafood.
- Vitamin B12 in its active form methylcobalamin for an accelerated absorption
- Vitamin B12 levels may be negatively affected by a variety of substances, including alcohol, oral contraceptives, and drugs
- Vitamin B12 is involved in energy production and supports the production of red blood cells
- Vitamin B12 supplementation is recommended for healthy pregnancies to help balance hormonal fluctuation and support fetal development
- Research shows that adequate dietary intake of vitamin B6 and B12 is related to an improved memory function
- Fast-dissolving sublingual tablet that can be chewed or swallowed
- Suitable for vegans
- Good Manufacturing Practices standards
- Tested for guaranteed purity and potency
- NPN approved