Traditional herbal remedy for insomnia.
Sufficient sleep is essential for immune health and overall health. Unfortunately, 30% of North Americans have trouble sleeping or suffer from sleep disorders, such as insomnia. Inadequate sleep increases stress and can cause irritability, poor concentration, mistakes, and accidents. Chronic lack of sleep has been linked to increased infections, diabetes, depression, high blood pressure, and weight gain. Certain drugs can quickly help you sleep, but their adverse effects range from rebound insomnia and daytime anxiety to addiction. Furthermore, such drugs do nothing to correct poor sleep habits which have to be changed to affect improvement in the long term. In addition to limiting caffeine and alcohol and getting adequate daily exercise, many people are turning to herbal remedies that have been safely used for centuries without adverse effects.
- Therapeutic combination of valerian, passion flower, lemon balm, and hops
- Valerian induces sleep by acting with serotonin and melatonin in the brain
- Valerian was shown to be as effective as a prescription sleep aid (oxazepam) without adverse effects
- A combination of valerian and hops was found to relieve mild insomnia just as well as benzodiazapene or an over-the-counter antihistamine, without the side effects or withdrawal symptoms
- Passion flower was compared to a prescription sleep aid and was proven to calm anxiety just as well, but without impairing job function
- Human research on lemon balm shows that it can reduce anxiety and promote calmness
- Unique blend of high-potency herbal extracts standardized to their active components
- Easy-to-swallow capsules that dissolve and start to work within minutes
- Contains no ingredients that are a source of gluten
- Good Manufacturing Practices standards
- Tested for guaranteed purity and potency
- Tested for pesticides and herbicides
- NPN approved