Magnesium is one of the most important minerals for our health, yet about 40% of Canadians do not get enough magnesium from diet alone1.
Magnesium is used as a cofactor in the body, meaning it acts like an assistant forover600 different processes and reactions2. It allows our muscles and nerves to function, is essential for energy and hormone production, and helps us build and maintain protein, bone, and DNA2,3.
The best way to understand how magnesium impacts the body is that it acts as our universal relaxer. It helps to reduce tension on all levels: physiological, physical, and emotional. It relaxes blood vessels and muscles to lower blood pressure4 andreduce headaches5. It calms the nervous system to promote sleep and alleviate pain. It also relaxes the mind to reduce feelings ofstress and anxiety6.
When we don’t get enough magnesium from the diet, we tend to experience symptoms of tension and discomfort. Over the long term, inadequate magnesium intake puts us at increased risk for developing osteoporosis, migraines, type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, and heart disease7.
Here are some signsthat you may benefit from magnesium:
- Headaches or migraines
- Muscle aches and pains
- Feeling stress or anxiety
- Insomnia or restlessness at night
- Concern that you are not eating a balanced diet
- Individuals with digestive disorders that lower the absorption of magnesium, including SIBO, Celiac disease, and Crohn’s disease
- Individuals taking acid-blocking medications3
- People who consume alcohol, are over the age of 65, or have type 2 diabetes are more likely to have lowmagnesium3
Each 5ml | 10ml contains
Elemental Magnesium (from gluconate and citrate) 62.5 mg | 125mg
Non-Medicinal Ingredients: Aqueous extract of chamomile flowers, fennel seed, bitter orange peel, carrot, and spinach in a base of honey, apricot juice, mango juice, pineapple juice, pear juice, natural flavour, and water
Vegetarian | Gluten Free |Wheat Free | Yeast Free | Dairy Free | Kosher