Organic Traditions - Barley Grass Juice Powder
- High vibrancy, instant greens.
- Our barley grass juice powder is 100% juiced for optimal digestion and assimilation.
- No whole dried grass.
- Made from the young, nutrient-dense grass of barley in its vegetable state.
- Contains an abundance of chlorophyll, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
- Sustainably grown outdoors in mineral-rich ancient soil beds in natural sunlight.
- Once harvested and juiced, undergoes a proprietary low temperature drying technology to retain the natural vitamins, minerals, enzymes and phytonutrients.
- No whole grass fillers, flavours, sweeteners or preservatives.
- A great source of vitamin A, magnesium and iron.
- 100% gluten-free barley grass powder.
- Add to smoothies, smoothie bowls, juices and water for a boost of micronutrients.
Organic Traditions Barley Grass Juice Powder is made from the young, nutrient-dense grass of barley in its vegetable state. This powerful young green grass contains an abundance of chlorophyll, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Our Certified Organic barley grass is sustainably grown outdoors in mineral rich ancient soil beds in sunlight as opposed to indoor plastic trays under artificial light. Grasses grown in the fresh wind kissed by natural sunlight are more vibrant than indoor grown grass. There is a real difference that you can taste and feel!
Once harvested, many barley grass products are dehydrated and ground into a powder. This is not ideal. Young sprouted grasses need to be juiced for optimal digestion and assimilation of phytonutrients. Since humans do not produce the enzyme cellulase, efficient digestion of the fibers of the grass (cellulose) is not possible. Juicing releases the vital nutrition from the cellular structure and makes the plants potent life force accessible.
Once harvested and juiced, we utilize a proprietary low temperature drying technology to retain the natural vitamins, minerals, enzymes and phytonutrients as well as to retain the vibrant, live taste that fresh grass juice is known for. The temperature in the drying process never exceeds 41 degrees Celsius/ 106 degrees Fahrenheit. Our drying process creates less heat degradation of vital nutrition compared to freeze drying and refractance window drying. Testing for unstable heat sensitive marker nutrients such as chlorophyll and enzymes is conducted to ensure that the grass juice powders retain their vital life force.